Friday 8 February 2008

MORE ABOUT ME

I am a young researcher at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana where I graduated at the Media and Communication Studies.

I am writing (or trying to write) a PhD on internet, globalisation, public participation...

I work as one of the researchers at the 6th framework project: CIVICWEB on young people, internet and civic engagement.

After my first trials in blogging: Subpolitical and exercise in collecting mails: E-mail Watch, I start once again with a blog. This time I decided it will be more on me, the interesting findings I stumble across when surfing around the net and the problems I encounter when thinking about globalisation, internet, the public, civic, political…

I have to thank for this second as well as the first blog to my co-supervisor professor Nick Jankowski who leads the New Media and Society seminar at the University of Ljubljana, who gave me of a little “push” and convinced me to start blogging (again). Well, this time I will stay around (at least this is sort of a new years resolution).

I do have a life beyond academia. Most evenings I dance tango at our Tango Bar and help with teaching at 100% Tango dance school. I’ve met Peter there. My plans for life are to get married, write a PhD, dance tango and live happily ever after. Sounds simple.

No comments: